Saturday, November 8, 2008

24 hours...

I am ticking off the days until I can sit idly and type away about the throes of motherhood... we are now just one day from conference time... at this time tomorrow I will be wining and dining our guest here in my home as we prepare for Monday and Tuesday's big events. I am so excited, proud and, yes, slightly nervous.

But so what? What if the food doesn't arrive, or everyone doesn't have a pen, or the tables are arranged wrong. I could run out of folders, or my books could be lost, but still, Cathi will come, and the 70 people who have signed up will probably show up, and they will all learn things they perhaps didn't know before.

And then, when someone like me, or you, or someone you know walks into their room, they will know what to say, and will also know what not to say.

And how much is that worth?

I have felt so busy and crazed with all of this; I am so excited for it to end so I can settle a little bit into the life that I love and just enjoy my little folks a little more fully.

7 comments:

Meg said...

You'll do a great job! What a wonderful thing you're doing, giving of yourself so much and helping so many people along the way! You will have changed lives for the better and that is priceless.

bethann said...

I will be thinking of you, my dear friend! I am so happy for you and so proud of you. You have touched so many lives with your love, kindness, warmth, sense of humor, and your flawless prose. You have helped so many who are "babylost" and those of us who are not but trying to understand and learn. I am sure that it will be a success and just the beginning of a lifetime of helping and healing. much love, beth

Shannon said...

I'm excited for you, I bet it's going to be great. I hope I won't be too nervous for the parent's panel. See you later today!
-Shannon

Pen In Cheek said...

best wishes! you're doing a great thing and we can't wait to hear all about it. if i wasn't 3,000 miles away, i'd be there!

Tanya DeWinkeleer said...

Oh Carol, What a wonderfullll conference! I learned so much and truly thank you and all of your speakers for sharing their stories with me. I left with a new insight and respect that I can take with me to help other babylost moms that I may meet. Would love to continue to learn more. The work that Greg, Cathy and yourself do is so important to all our families and really eye opening to us caretakers. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you. Love, Tanya

Charlotte's Mama said...

thanks everyone...
tanya I'm so glad you enjoyed it. i wanted to catch you on the way out! hopefully our paths will cross again soon.
xxo

Charlotte's Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.