Thursday, February 28, 2008

I have so much I want to do. I just have to say it. The list gets so long in my head I can't keep track of all the things that are on it and I have such a long list of things I want to do that I never remember to add to the list that I ought to try to write down the list so I can actually accomplish some of the things.
So here are some of the things that I want to do, in no particular order, no priority, just what I'm thinking of.
-Call the dentist and get the stuff they use to make teeth molds to make baby hand/foot casts at the hospitals for the poor lost souls
-Meet with the nurse at Hospital number 1 to find out what her deal is and how she's dealing with loss stuff
-make the handouts for Hospital number 1 for people to go home with
-Deal with the emergency department at Hospital number 1 to get them on board so they don't treat miscarriages the same as arm wounds
-Deal with day surgery to make sure they are compassionate to the people they get for early D&Cs as opposed to the childbirth center
-Figure out what to bring with me to my meetings at Hospitals Number 2 and 3
-Talk to the social worker who used to work at Hospital number 1 to get her take on things
-Talk to nurse friend from same hospital to get her deal
-Talk to friend who birthed at Hospital number 2 to just get her take on things
-Figure out if I can go to this conference in May to represent Share
-Plan my talk for next Friday at the university
-Make a meeting with the people who got treated like shit in the ER at H #1
-Figure out the memorial walk/butterfly release for this year which will happen in about 10 weeks.
-Make t-shirts for the kids and me saying, "Charlotte's sister" etc. (Greg has one already) for her birthday
-Figure out whether we can get a speaker to come out here and do nurse/OB education this year maybe in the fall? Have to figure out budget stuff
-Get some really pretty blankets for H #1
-Organize a person to get stuff for H #2 and H#3-- to be responsible for making sure their closets are stocked with good handouts, handprint kits, dental stuff, etc. and that someone there knows how to use it.
-Figure out how to get more people to come to our group. This is impossible. But I wish I could figure out how to do this...
-Make a form that the nurse fills out at a loss -- this needs to go to H #2 and H #3 as well-- where the patient signs to be contacted by our group so that we can send them cards, emails, remember baby's birthday, etc. and try to support them

You see the thing is, when you have had your loss it is so much easier to be supported than it is to ask for support, so it doesn't really always work to just send people home with a pamphlet. Then people have to read it, make a phone call, and be brave enough to get in the car and drive to the meeting. If we can contact them, and they know us, then they are more likely to come.

Oh, that is just a part of the list. I would never expect to be paid for the work that I do because it would be blood money but just imagine how totally full time I could work on this if it were a job. And I could then be employed. Not that being employed by my two little dictators ages 1 and 3 is not the best, don't get me wrong, but I have met people who work a few jobs and they're okay. I do this job anyway, right?

Then there is the rest of my life, and the things I might like to do there, such as move picture albums from one closet to another so that the first can become an art closet, and to move the little porcelain stuff that Aoife keeps wanting to take out of the dining room cupboard before she breaks ALL of it, and varnishing the "new" bannister that we got put in about, oh, 27 months ago before Aoife was born, but that's all kind of pending, I think.

My to-do-list for awhile. I'd better copy and paste this one.

What a boring post. I promise to write something fulfilling tomorrow or on the weekend.
I just couldn't get anywhere with the milk being my last post. It filled me up too much every time the blog came on my screen. Now when I see this boring post, I will be inspired to start anew.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

"You see the thing is, when you have had your loss it is so much easier to be supported than it is to ask for support, so it doesn't really always work to just send people home with a pamphlet. Then people have to read it, make a phone call, and be brave enough to get in the car and drive to the meeting. If we can contact them, and they know us, then they are more likely to come."

yes, yes, yes!